Custom Landscaping Services
Word of mouth from family, a friend or a neighbor is great, and referral based websites such as Angieslist, Facebook, Houzz and Google are great tools as well. When selecting a qualified landscape professional, make sure to research a licensed and insured landscape contractor in your area whom can provide the services you are seeking. As a registered NC Landscape Contractor we have undergone training and passed testing set forth by the North Carolina Landscape Contractors’ Licensing Board. The minimum requirements, laws and conduct we abide by is monitored, enforced and lawfully binding to help protect other contractors, the industry and the customer. Licensed contractors are also required to keep their license current through continually learning and staying abreast of the industry with required obtaining continuing education in order to maintain our license in good standing.
People can have confidence in Fontaine Landscaping. Our warranty, our process, our people and the final product is key to delivering a wonderful customer experience. We strive to design and build landscapes that will be custom to you and your property, attractive, functional and sustainable. Fontaine professionally handles many aspects of installation such as:
- Plantings - Local plants suited for our areas climate, plants are an easy way to enhance your property. Chosen from a select group of local nurseries, the trees, shrubs, perennials and annuals install along with a compost soil and slow release fertilizer to help amend our areas clay soils.
- Sod - We install Fescue, Bermuda and Zoysia turf types. We amend the clay soil by tilling in composted soil and slow release fertilizer and lime per a soil analysis. More property owners are switching from the cool season fescue turf to a warm season turf like Bermuda and Zoysia as they are a much hardier, self-spreading (do not require overseeding to fill in), and are much more drought tolerant than fescue. For those whom want the look of all year green color, we do install tall fescue sod. Choosing a warm season turf, there are many varities, but some popular Bermuda types are TifGrand, TifTuff and TifWay. Zoysia types include Emerald, Zenith, Zeon, Leisure Time, and Compadre.
- Hardscapes - These include materials of concrete, stone and pavers for a driveway, pathways or walkways, fire pits and fireplaces, patios, poolscapes, bbq islands, retaining and seat walls and edging. These become the foundation of many of our designs which we then expand upon to add plants, drainage and lighting to.
- Drainage - We install a variety of drainage solutions including Catch Basins, Strip or Channel Drains, Dry Creek Beds, even French Drains.
- Lighting - We maintain, repair, upgrade and install complete low-voltage led lighting systems. Older systems can at times be converted to efficient led, depending on the quality of the existing fixtures and wire used. And do not worry, led lighting looks elegant when using 2700 to 3000 kelvin lamps to achieve that ‘warm white’ glow. We install copper and brass fixtures that carry a limited lifetime warranty.
- Irrigation - As part of our grounds maintenance service, we will maintain, repair, upgrade your irrigation system. We also coordinate the annual backflow valve certifications which may be required by the town in which you reside. We do not install irrigation systems.
- Water Features - We install pondless water features such as large pottery, and tier fountains which are not only elegant, but provide a soothing and calming sound. The birds will thank you!
- Concrete - We provide broom finish as well as stamped concrete.
- Tree Removals - We provide tree removal and stump grinding.
Fontaine is a full-service landscaping company that has the experience, expertise and the resources to provide solutions that work perfectly for you. While we maintain high-quality standards in our work, you will find that we maintain very competitive landscaping cost. To discuss your project details with our experts, call us at (919) 380-8286. You also have the option to send us your project details via this Contact Us form and we will respond shortly.